I recently debated atheist Peter Hearty in a UK radio show on the origin of life. Read more »
3% of our DNA codes for proteins. For many years nobody knew what the other 97% was for.
Since the 1970’s, that other 97% that wasn’t understood has been called “Junk DNA.”
(If I only had a dollar for every guy who has sent me an email that said, “OK Perry, then if DNA is designed how come 97% of my DNA is junk? Huh? Answer me that!!!”)
Today’s hypothesis is very simple:
There is no such thing as “Junk DNA.” Read more »
A common belief is that Evolution and Intelligent Design are an either/or proposition.
Today I’m going to tie the two together in an elegant way and show that they compliment each other beautifully. Read more »
In June 2005 I delivered my lecture “If you can read this I can prove God exists” and posted it on my website.
Today, I have to thank a brotherhood of evangelical atheists for making it world-famous. It became the longest-running, most viewed thread on the largest atheist discussion board in the world.
They never successfully countered it.
A few months after I posted my talk, a gentleman named Rob sent me an email that said, “I see right through your sophistry and pseudoscience…” and an intense discussion began. Read more »
In July 1948, Claude Shannon of Bell Labs published his seminal paper “A Mathematical Theory of Communication.” This is THE definitive work on engineering communication theory. It laid the groundwork for the information age we live in today. Read more »
There is a giant chasm in the world that 99% of people never notice.
But once you see it, you can’t “un-see” it. After today, you will suddenly see that chasm with crystal clarity. From now on, the way you see the entire world will never be the same.
On side 1 of the chasm is: THE MATERIAL WORLD. In it you find: Read more »
I got a candid question from a reader named Jon:
“I’m curious on how you can see “design” in nature, based on your logic.
How does this line of reasoning explain pain, suffering and natural disasters?
Why design a world that is constantly cooling and erupting with violent events that kill millions of innocent people?
What about our fear of pain and death? If God was real, then he has no fear of death or pain and yet he created beings that must suffer this fate. What does that say about him?
Also, the problem of evil. Where did that come from?
If the universe was “designed” then how do you explain these very real things we deal with?
And I know you are a Christian so I can only assume you will give me a Christian answer to these problems. But since you are a big proponent of logic and reason, please try and answer these using those tools, instead of faith.”
Where did the Universe come from?
Part 1: Einstein’s Big Blunder
100 years ago, Albert Einstein published three papers that rocked the world. These papers proved the existence of the atom, introduced the theory of relativity, and described quantum mechanics.
Pretty good debut for a 26 year old scientist, huh? Read more »
The Big Bang theory was totally rejected at first. But those who supported it had predicted that the ignition of the Big Bang would have left behind a sort of ‘hot flash’ of radiation.
If a big black wood stove produces heat that you can feel, then in a similar manner, the Big Bang should produce its own kind of heat that would echo throughout the universe.
In 1965, without looking for it, two physicists at Bell Labs in New Jersey found it. Read more »
In your kitchen cabinet, you’ve probably got a spray bottle with an adjustable nozzle. If you twist the nozzle one way, it sprays a fine mist into the air.
You twist the nozzle the other way, it squirts a jet of water in a straight line.
You turn that nozzle to the exact position you want so you can wash a mirror, clean up a spill, or whatever.
If the universe had expanded a little faster, the matter would have sprayed out into space like fine mist from a water bottle – so fast, a gazillion particles of dust would speed into infinity and never even form a single star. Read more »